Planning and Approvals
CWP Renewables is committed to doing the right things, the right way.
Crudine Ridge Wind Farm has been developed in accordance with all relevant State and Commonwealth legislation, guidelines and in close consultation with government agencies to ensure the Project is developed in a sound environmental manner.
Crudine Ridge Wind Farm was assessed as a State Significant Development under the NSW Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979. The NSW Planning and Assessment Framework is described on the NSW Government website.
The Project was also assessed as a Controlled Action under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999. The process for referral, assessment and approval by the Commonwealth is described on the Commonwealth Government website.
The Project received approval from the NSW Planning Assessment Commission on May 10, 2016, and from the Commonwealth Minister for the Environment and Energy on April 4, 2017. A description of the Project and the key planning and assessment milestones can be found here. The approvals require that the Proponent prepare additional environmental management and monitoring documentation which is publicly available below.
The Proponent submitted a Modification to the approval to the Department of Planning and Environment in December 2018. The Modification involved a reduction in the number of turbines from 77 to 37 and a revised road design for Aarons Pass Road. Full details are provided in the Environmental Assessment publicly available here and linked below. The Project was granted Development Consent by the Independent Planning Commission on June 2 2019. A full copy of their Determination is available at their website here.
Publicly Available Documents
Approved planning documents are available for download
- Preliminary Environmental Assessment
- Environmental Assessment
- NSW Development Consent
- Consolidated Consent SSD 6697 Modification 1
- Notice of Determination SSD 6697 Modification 1
- Commonwealth Approval
- Environmental Management Strategy Modification 1
- Biodiversity Management Plan Modification 1
- Traffic Management Plan Modification 1
- Bird and Bat Adaptive Management Plan
- Aboriginal Heritage Management Plan
- Voluntary Planning Agreement – Mid-western Regional Council
- Voluntary Planning Agreement – Bathurst Regional Council
- Environmental Assessment – Modification 1
- Environmental Assessment appendices – Modification 1
- Final Layout Plan
- EPL 21090
- Statement of Compliance EPL 21090
- August 2018 Complaints Register
- September 2018 Complaints Register
- October 2018 Complaints Register
- November 2018 Complaints Register
- December 2018 Complaints Register
- January 2019 Complaints Register
- February 2019 Complaints Register
- March 2019 Complaints Register
- April 2019 Complaints Register
- May 2019 Complaints Register
- June 2019 Complaints Register
- July 2019 Complaints Register
- August 2019 Complaints Register
- September 2019 Complaints Register
Join Our Mailing List
Newsletters and media releases are used to share information with the community more broadly. If you wish to receive our e-newsletters, please sign up for our mailing list below.